Defima.io – The provider has claimed to be a service provider in the area of finance on its website http://defima.io/. At the time of writing, the provider’s website was no longer available.
If you have invested with the investment service provider Defima.io and there are now complications with the payout, our lawyers will advise you throughout the German-speaking area.
Defima.io – reputable online broker?
Currently, there is an extraordinarily high number of providers such as Defima.io. As a result, investing in the unpredictable financial markets has never been as easy but also as risky as it is now.
Especially because there are so many options, choosing an online platform can be time-consuming and challenging. Especially if you want it to match your particular investment preferences. Are you thinking about investing capital with Defima.io? Then the following aspects are important for you as an investor.
- There are several types of orders to choose from when trading on the internet.
- Online investing makes it easier and more affordable for investors to access the world’s stock markets.
- A very good place to start for investors who want to learn about stocks, futures, binary options and cryptocurrencies is an online site like this one.
- State-licensed online brokers, secure provider websites, costs and bonuses, product options and reviews are just a few of the aspects you should factor into your final choice.
The following are general suggestions for investors – regardless of the platform you are investing in.
Defima.io provider checklist: General advice to protect you from disadvantages
The following list serves to protect you from trading platforms with dubious intentions.
- Ask yourself: What is the name of the person I should contact?
- Do not use any remote maintenance software that gains access to your end devices.
- Identity theft is a problem: Please do not hand over a copy of your photo ID. Fraudsters usually ask you to do this.
- Inform yourself as thoroughly as possible about the company and the goods you want to buy (search engines, forums, online card services).
- Is a provider like Defima.io listed in the company database of the specific EU control authority?
- In which city is the company’s headquarters?
- Do not be deceived by stories of extremely high returns without the risk of losing assets.
- Is the trading service provider Defima.io a company licensed by the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority or in another EU country?
- Is there a complete imprint on the website?
- Do not accept any unwanted investment recommendations from strangers via telephone canvassing or e-mails.
Defima.io – Does the online broker contact you via e-mail or fax?
Have you ever received investment offers by e-mail from a service provider like Defima.io that you are not aware of? Do you receive faxes from the stock exchange that you did not request? Or have you received a supposed “insider tip”?
Investors should beware of such suggestions, because they are usually spread by unscrupulous groupings as well as companies that want to profit from a false success story by distributing shares. Cases have also come to light in which consumers and buyers are consulted by a supposed stock exchange supervisory authority.
It is falsely claimed that the persons written to have become victims of a fraud and that the relevant data have been passed on to the stock exchange supervisory authority by the alleged Federal Public Prosecutor’s Office in Karlsruhe. The persons written to are asked to fill out an Internet form.
This is an obvious attempt at fraud. We advise you in any case not to enter into an exchange with such a person or to provide sensitive information such as user names, passwords, credit card numbers or other identifying information such as your account data at Defima.io.
What is a pyramid scheme?
A pyramid scheme, or Ponzi scheme, is a type of capital fraud. In it, funds are pooled from new investors and next used to distribute money to the former victimised individuals. The organisers of Ponzi schemes often claim that they will invest your money and earn substantial returns without risking your money.
Nevertheless, in many Ponzi schemes, the criminals do not actually invest the money they take. Instead, it is used to compensate people who paid in earlier. This allows the perpetrators to keep some of the wealth for themselves. So pay attention to the risk-reward ratio in all investments – including Defima.io.
Ponzi schemes need a constant inflow of new capital to keep running, as they have minimal or no real profits. Many of these structures fail when it becomes complicated to attract new investors or when a significant number of investors drop out.
If you want to invest capital in a company like Defima.io, you should always act with prudence. Among the clues you should look out for are:
- Is there a problem with the documentation? If errors appear on your account statement, this can be an indication that your money is not being invested properly.
- The payment of winnings does not work? If you are not receiving any payments or are finding it difficult to cash out, you should be on your guard. The operators of Ponzi schemes may try to encourage those involved to persevere by guaranteeing even greater profits if they do not withdraw any money.
- Selling without a licence: Investment professionals and firms must be licensed or registered, true to federal and state securities regulations. Most Ponzi schemes involve unlicensed people or firms.
- Risk-free returns with little or no volatility. Every deposit contains a certain amount of risk, and the riskier an investment is, the more likely it is to produce a high return.
- Overly predictable outcomes. Over time, deposits tend to rise and fall. Any investment that delivers consistently positive returns independent of market conditions should be viewed with a high degree of suspicion.
Cybertrading: What are the characteristics of trustworthy providers?
Conventional investment fraud is carried out using familiar means such as advertising, unsolicited telephone calls or stock market letters. When it comes to fraud, the old-fashioned method is quickly becoming obsolete in the digital age.
The current type of financial fraud could be described as “cybertrading”. Investment products are traded fraudulently via the World Wide Web. The dishonest investments include financial products such as contracts for difference and cryptocurrencies.
Even Defima.io’s offers have been used by other providers in a similar way to lure investors into the trap. Investors are inquiring more and more about investment opportunities online themselves. Thus, people rely on their personal know-how or on the tips of others in blogs, forums and other online portals when making their decisions.
The switch to ever different financial products has no lasting effect on the illegal activities in terms of organisational structure. Since the criminal groups rely on already existing and widely accepted infrastructures, there is no need to switch to a new “business model”.
No matter which financial product is traded, the process of cybertrading is largely congruent. These investment products are aggressively promoted on social media or with paid advertisements. The aim is almost exclusively to illustrate gigantically high profits. Calculate the probability of making high profits at Defima.io before you invest.
Detect Recovery Scam: The scam after the investment scam – protect yourself
Anyone who has ever lost capital to a fraudulent investment platform knows how disastrous it can be. That alone is terrible enough. But on top of that, the rip-off artists behind the bogus scheme will contact you by email or phone within a manageable amount of time.
This time, however, they do not pretend to be investment advisors from Defima.io. Rather, they promise to help recover the stolen assets in exchange for a payment. Many criminals even seem to have been hired or instructed by reputable organisations such as a financial regulator.
After stealing your sensitive data, the rip-off artists often pose as good Samaritans. They promise to help you recover the stolen money. Even if you have invested money with a service provider like Defima.io, your contact details may be stolen.
Anyone who has lost a large amount of money is usually desperate. The criminals take advantage of people’s desperation by posing as “recovery” companies. They offer their services under the pretext of helping them recover their assets. That is, they make dubious assurances that they will recover the lost capital.
Recovering investments at Defima.io: increase your chances
You have invested money with Defima.io, or a similar provider? Now you are encountering obstacles to repayment? Then it is advisable to block further payments immediately. This is especially true if the provider suggests additional payments to compensate for deficits.
Incidentally, one should make an attempt to recover the lost capital. In this context, aggrieved parties can seek investor protection and contact the lawyers of our law firm.
Our law firm examines civil law as well as criminal law options and possible claims for damages against the financial provider and against involved payment service providers such as banking houses.
“It is far from being an isolated case when a private investor loses money in the course of online trading. Many investors are deceived by the professional appearance of the financial providers and do not realise early enough that they are not responsible for their losses.”
Our advice is therefore not to despair, but to act swiftly and energetically. Because the prospect of recovering the lost money is usually greater than the aggrieved investors assume. Would you like to talk to one of our lawyers about Defima.io? Then you can go directly to our contact page here.