InvestPoint – the company describes itself on its website https://investpoint.pro/ as a trading platform. InvestPoint offers its clients various services in the segments of Forex, commodities, cryptocurrencies, shares and indices.
Are you encountering complications with the payout of your capital investment? Our lawyers can help you with claims against InvestPoint.
InvestPoint – can investors trust the broker?
Currently there is a very high number of providers such as InvestPoint. As a result, investing in the volatile financial markets has never been as easy but also risky as it is now. Precisely because there are so many options, choosing a financial service provider can be time-consuming and daunting.
Especially if you want it to meet your personal investment expectations. Are you considering investing with InvestPoint? Then the following aspects are important for you as an investor.
- Access to cross-border stock markets is becoming more practical and versatile for investors through online investing.
- Regulated online brokers, secure platforms, costs and brokerage commissions, quote options and client reviews are just some of the points to consider when making your final choice.
- In online trading, you can use a number of order types.
- An ideal place for capital investors to inquire about securities, futures, binary options and cryptocurrencies is a website like this one.
The following information is basic advice for investors – regardless of the platform in which you invest money.
Financial regulators: What is their purpose with providers like InvestPoint?
Both the financial markets and investor protection benefit from rules of conduct and organisational responsibilities. Bond service providers and companies like InvestPoint have to follow a variety of regulations. The same applies to their employees.
This is to prevent conflicts of interest and the associated disadvantages for investors. This includes the obligation of the company to inform its corporate clients about the decisive characteristics of the transaction before concluding a contract for a share deal.
This counts for the respective investor as well as for the investment itself. According to this idea, additional info is mandatory for clients who want to engage in highly speculative or risky business. Towards their corporate clients, companies like InvestPoint have a responsibility.
This goes far beyond the provision of an offer or service. Does the provider have an authorisation to sell investment products? You should definitely check this. To do this, you can consult the broker check directory of a financial supervisory authority and type the name of the financial service provider into the search function.
Assess realistic returns and confidently rank providers like InvestPoint
Investigate how confidence-inspiring InvestPoint’s offer is. Is the interest rate you were offered particularly high? Can you earn a lot of money with just a few EURO? These special offers are mostly nothing more than an illusion. Be aware that there are always con artists hiding behind these tempting opportunities.
As a rule, nothing at all is invested in these investment offers. So assess how confidence-inspiring InvestPoint’s offer is. Scams are usually carried out by con artists in almost the same way. Investment products are advertised in prominent places on the Internet that are supposed to be profitable.
The criminals assure that they will receive a lot of wealth. At the beginning, the investment amounts are reasonably low. Those who register are consulted by a fictitious stockbroker or securities broker. The victims of the scam then gain access to a supposed investment software after depositing the money.
Dubious special offers can also be identified by promises of returns that are clearly above the market average. An investor’s risk of losing capital also increases with InvestPoint in direct proportion to the expected margin.
One chance to find out about the average market return is the business sections of the daily newspapers or the net page of the Deutsche Bundesbank. Likewise, you should treat recommendations for companies with exceptional potential for growth with caution.
Low prices and minimal trading volumes make penny stocks, for example, extremely vulnerable to speculation and manipulation.
Ponzi scheme: How do I protect myself from it?
A Ponzi scheme is a type of money fraud. In it, assets are pooled from new money investors and then applied to pay out capital to the former aggrieved persons. The masterminds of Ponzi schemes often claim to invest your assets and reap huge returns without putting your assets at risk.
Nevertheless, in many Ponzi schemes, the criminals do not actually invest the assets they receive. Instead, it is used to pay off people who paid in earlier. This way, the perpetrators can keep part of the capital for themselves. So pay attention to the risk-reward ratio with all investments – also with InvestPoint.
Ponzi schemes require a steady inflow of fresh money to keep running, as they have little or no actual profits. Many of these schemes fail when it becomes difficult to attract fresh backers or when a significant number of investors drop out.
In the event that you want to invest with an online broker like InvestPoint, you should always act with caution. Signs you should look out for include:
- Strategies that are hard to figure out. Keep your money out of the stock market if you don’t know enough about this.
- Overly predictable results. Over time, financial investments tend to rise and fall. Any investment that consistently produces high returns regardless of market conditions should be viewed with a high degree of disbelief.
- Selling without a licence: Investment professionals and firms must be licensed or registered in accordance with federal and state securities regulations. The vast majority of Ponzi schemes involve unlicensed individuals or companies.
- Risk-free returns with little or no volatility. Every investment involves a degree of risk, and the riskier an investment, the more likely it is to produce a high return.
- The payment of profits does not work? If you do not receive any payments at all or find it difficult to get paid out, you should be vigilant. Ponzi scheme operators may try to encourage participants to stay with the promise of even greater profits if they do not withdraw money.
Online broker demands taxes and more remittances?
Investors are often solicited by an “online broker” or a call centre representative the moment they have registered on the alleged online trading platform. The aim is to get the investor to increase his long-term investments in order to maximise profits. This is also a legitimate goal of the InvestPoint broker.
Shortly after the investor has transferred his capital, preliminary profit developments will probably be presented to his account. This should encourage the investor to continue investing in the financial product.
However, the trading platform operators can simulate fake account changes and earnings using fraud software, even without the client noticing.
Check that accounts can be authorised equally on InvestPoint.
In reality, no trading takes place at all on many platforms. Rather, the capital paid is transferred by the fraudsters to bank accounts outside Germany’s borders. This is not noticed by the investors for the time being.
The “brokers” postpone the payout of the stated earnings by demanding that the investors settle allegedly due taxes and commissions. The deceptive manoeuvres only serve the purpose of increasing revenue.
Sooner or later, the contact breaks off completely. The invested money is no longer there. From that moment on, the only way to take further steps is to go to a lawyer.
How high are the costs charged by a broker?
Before investing with InvestPoint, find out how much of your investment amount is used to cover costs, fees and commissions. This is a useful time to take a comprehensive look at the information provided by the providers! Investors must be notified of all estimated costs and their impact on the return from investment service providers.
In addition, costs must be itemised. In the event that you request a presentation of the individual costs, the financial service providers are obliged to provide you with this information. For understandable reasons, a service provider such as InvestPoint is usually interested in as many trading transactions as possible.
Often the fees are so high that it is difficult to make a profit. The costs can even devour the invested assets in a very short time. Therefore, be sure to pay attention to the costs! The broker’s trading fees must be accessible to everyone.
The transparency of the cost structure is also stipulated in the legal requirements and regulations. In connection with a violation, the service provider’s licence can be revoked.
Payout denied by InvestPoint? Contact a law firm immediately
If you have already made investments with InvestPoint and now want to reclaim them, there are various approaches.
- If an assessment by our lawyers would show that the platform operator may have acted unfairly, we file charges with the competent prosecution authorities on behalf of our clients. Our law firm is in constant exchange with public prosecutors who direct nationwide investigations. As a rule, there are many hundreds or even thousands of injured parties in these criminal proceedings. The investigations recurrently extend to other states as well. In the past years, there have repeatedly been decisive search successes by the public prosecutor’s offices.
- Assuming that no solution with the operator of the investment platform is guaranteed, there is the option of submitting a complaint to the responsible authority. This authority controls the facts and has the possibility to order the provider to pay compensation. Our client then receives the amount of money back from the service provider. Complaints bodies can be, for example, financial supervisory authorities as well as the Financial Ombudsman.
- If the perpetrators were to be arrested, claims of the injured parties can be asserted in court proceedings. For this purpose, we take our clients through the so-called adhesion procedure. In this way, we are able to obtain court titles for our clients against the perpetrators. Often these can then be immediately enforced against the seized assets of the perpetrators.
- If there is a suspicion that the bank accounts into which our clients have deposited funds are part of a money laundering system, it is possible to have these bank accounts blocked. Deposits into these accounts can then be reclaimed from the receiving bank.