iToro-Capital – The supposed financial company iToro-Capital presented itself on its website https://itoro-capital.com/ as serious and profitable. Recently, the homepage is no longer online.
If you have invested money with the investment service provider iToro-Capital and are now experiencing repayment problems, our lawyers can help you nationwide.
iToro-Capital – what should investors pay attention to?
Currently, there is an extraordinarily high number of online trading platforms such as iToro-Capital. As a result, investing in the volatile financial markets has never been as easy but also as risky as it is now.
Precisely because there are a lot of options, choosing an online broker can be time-consuming and challenging. Especially if you want it to match your individual investment preferences. Are you thinking about investing with iToro-Capital? Then the following aspects are important for you as an investor.
- Licensed online brokers, trustworthy websites, fees and commissions, offering options and customer reviews are just a few of the points you would need to consider when making your irrevocable choice.
- A good place to start for investors looking to learn about stocks, futures, binary options and cryptocurrencies is a website like this one.
- Access to cross-border stock markets is becoming more practical and lucrative for investors through online investing.
The following information is general advice for investors – regardless of the platform you are investing in.
Has the service provider iToro-Capital been granted a licence?
Both the financial markets and the protection of investors benefit from rules of conduct and organisational responsibilities. Equity service companies and providers such as iToro-Capital must comply with a wide range of standards of conduct.
The same applies to their employees. This is intended to prevent conflicts of interest and the associated disadvantages for financial investors. This includes the responsibility of the financial services provider to inform its own corporate clients about the decisive features of a financial transaction before it is concluded.
This applies both to the individual investor and to the investment itself. According to this idea, extended information is necessary for corporate clients who wish to engage in highly speculative or risky transactions. Providers such as iToro-Capital have a responsibility towards their corporate clients.
This goes far beyond making a product or service available. Does the service provider have an authorisation to sell investment products? You should definitely check this. For this purpose, you can consult the broker check list of a financial supervisory authority and enter the name of the provider in the search mask.
iToro-Capital: Have you received fax offers?
Have you ever received investment offers by email from a financial services provider like iToro-Capital that you are not aware of? Do you receive faxes from the stock exchange that you have by no means requested? Or have you received a supposed “insider tip”?
Capital investors should beware of such tips, because they are not infrequently spread by unscrupulous groups or even providers who want to make a profit by selling shares from an imaginary success story. Cases have also become known in which consumers and investors are consulted by a supposed stock exchange supervisory authority.
It is falsely claimed that the persons written to have become victims of a fraud and that the relevant data have been passed on to the stock exchange supervisory authority by the apparent Federal Public Prosecutor’s Office in Karlsruhe. The persons contacted are asked to fill out a web form. This is a clear attempt at fraud.
We recommend that you never communicate with this person or share sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, credit card numbers or other identifying information such as your account details with iToro-Capital.
Is it possible to make a virtually risk-free investment in the grey capital market?
Very few of the financial market participants such as iToro-Capital are subject to official regulation and supervision.
In the grey capital market, investment service providers trade that do not require approval from the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) and have nothing more to comply with than a few regulatory requirements. Only invest in the grey capital market if you are sure of the provider’s solvency and know it as a company.
As already mentioned, the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority has no control over these financial service providers. The grey capital market offers a variety of possibilities.
- Loans with subordination covenant
- Ordinary bonds
- Direct investments such as in timber, precious metals or other commodities
- Crowdfunding offers
- Profit participation rights and other hybrid bond forms
- Corporate investments
One thing is certain: it is unclear what the bottom line will be for the investor. Is it not easy for you to see through the advertised offer? Then you should find out as much information as possible before you make a decision. Do not invest in anything you do not fully understand!
When it comes to investments, the more experience you need, the more complicated the financial instrument. It is also not recommended to put all your capital on one card. Diversify your risk beyond iToro Capital.
To avoid being influenced incorrectly, it is advisable to always focus on the product itself and not on the brand name or image of the financial service.
Reputable online brokers do not refuse payouts in any case
Investors are repeatedly wooed by a “broker” or a call centre employee after they have set up an account on the supposed trading platform. The aim is to get the investor to increase his long-term investments in order to maximise his profit. This is also a legitimate goal of the financial service provider iToro-Capital.
Shortly after the customer has deposited his money, preliminary profit developments may be displayed on his user account. This should encourage the investor to invest in the financial instrument on an ongoing basis.
The website operators, in turn, can use fraud software to simulate manipulated account changes and earnings, even without the buyer noticing.
Make sure that the accounts can be authenticated equally with iToro-Capital.
In practice, no trading takes place at all on numerous platforms. Rather, the money paid is transferred by the perpetrators to bank accounts outside Germany. This is not noticed by the investors at first.
The “financial service providers” postpone the payout of the represented profits by demanding that the investors settle any taxes and commissions that allegedly arise. The deceptive manoeuvres only benefit the intention of increasing the revenue. Sooner or later, communication breaks down completely.
The transferred capital is used up. From this point on, the only thing left to do is to go to the lawyer to start necessary measures.
Surprising offers of help to recover investments?
Anyone who has ever lost funds to a fraudulent investment platform knows how devastating this can be. That alone is terrible enough. But on top of that, the scammers behind the bogus model contact you by email or phone call within a manageable amount of time. This time, however, they do not pretend to be investment advisors from iToro-Capital.
Instead, they promise to help you recover your lost assets in exchange for a payment. Many scammers even appear to have been hired or entrusted by trusted companies such as a financial regulator. After stealing your personal information, the perpetrators often pose as good Samaritans. They promise to help you recover the stolen money.
Even if you have invested money with a service provider like iToro-Capital, your data may be stolen. Anyone who has lost a large amount of money is usually desperate. The criminals take advantage of the desperation of the persons by calling themselves service providers for the recovery of funds.
They offer their services under the pretext of helping them get their capital back. That is, they dubiously guarantee that they will get back the lost assets.
Repayment of iToro capital not made? Call in a lawyer immediately
In the event that you have already made deposits with iToro-Capital and now want to reclaim them, there are various methods.
- Often a solution to a problem can be worked out with the service provider itself. In many cases, we can reach out-of-court settlements with the operators. Our clients then recover their full payment or a share of it.
- If there is a suspicion that the accounts to which our clients have transferred funds are part of a money laundering scheme, there is the possibility of having these bank accounts blocked. Transfers to these accounts can then be reclaimed from the receiving bank.
- If an assessment by our lawyers would come to the conclusion that the financial service provider may have acted unfairly, we file a criminal complaint on behalf of our client with the responsible investigating authorities. Our law firm is in constant contact with public prosecutors who conduct investigations throughout Germany. In most cases, there are hundreds or even thousands of victims in these criminal proceedings. The investigations regularly extend to countries outside Germany’s borders. In recent years, there have repeatedly been important investigative successes by the public prosecutors’ offices.
- In the event that no solution is guaranteed to be feasible with the operator of the investment platform, there is the option of filing a complaint with the responsible authority. This authority controls the case and is allowed to determine the service provider to pay a refund amount. Our client then receives the amount back from the provider. Complaints bodies may include financial supervisory authorities or the Financial Ombudsman.
- If transactions have been carried out on accounts abroad, the foreign financial supervisory authorities and financial institutions should also be informed. As a result, they usually initiate their own investigations. This also pursues the intention of seizing funds in the accounts and then repaying them to our clients.
- Should the wire-pullers be arrested, claims of the investors who have suffered losses can be asserted in court proceedings. For this purpose, we take our clients through the so-called adhesion procedure. In this way, we are able to obtain court titles for our clients against the operators of the platform. In most cases, these can then be enforced immediately against the confiscated capital of the fraudsters.