TetherNova – The provider claims to be a financial service provider on its website https://tethernova.com/, which is active in the areas of crypto trading and cloud mining. Accordingly, investors can achieve high returns through crypto trading.
You encounter problems with the distribution of your investment? Our lawyers can help you with claims against TetherNova.
TetherNova – how safe are investments?
Currently there is an extremely high number of investment service providers such as TetherNova. This means that investing in the unpredictable financial markets has never been easier, but also riskier. Precisely because there are numerous options, choosing a provider can be time-consuming and daunting.
Especially if it is to meet your personal investment needs. Are you thinking about investing with TetherNova? Then the following aspects are important for you as an investor.
- Officially licensed online brokers, secure websites, costs and bonuses, product options and feedback from clients are just a few of the considerations you need to take into account when making your final choice.
- Access to international exchanges is becoming more convenient and affordable for investors through online investing.
- There are several types of orders to choose from when trading on the web.
The following details are basic suggestions for investors – regardless of the platform in which you invest money.
Does TetherNova have an official licence? This is important for you
Both financial markets and investor protection benefit from codes of conduct and organisational accountability. Bond service providers and companies like TetherNova must comply with a wide range of regulations. The same applies to their employees. This is to avoid conflicts and associated disadvantages for investors.
This includes the company’s obligation to inform its corporate clients about the key features of a bond transaction before it is concluded. This applies both to the specific investor and to the investment itself. In line with this idea, further information is necessary for corporate clients who want to engage in highly speculative or risky transactions.
Companies like TetherNova have a responsibility towards their corporate clients. This goes far beyond making a product or service available. Does the provider have a licence to sell financial products? You should definitely check this.
To do this, you can use the broker check directory of a financial supervisory authority and enter the name of the service provider in the search function.
TetherNova demands payments abroad? Vigilance is necessary
Does it make sense for you to transfer funds to a country outside Europe? Pay close attention to what you are doing. Countless investors have already lost money in the process. You may lose track of where your funds are going and how they are invested.
When capital has been provided to a provider, it has happened many times that the company did not invest the amount received as agreed or even not at all. There have also been cases where the company simply did not exist, although it presented itself in a similar way to TetherNova.
Apart from the regulated service providers, there are countless shady online trading websites where a similar procedure can be observed in most cases. New investors are contacted by employees of the respective trading platform.
For example, with a phone call as soon as the consumer has left non-binding contact information on the provider’s website. In various cases, however, they are also contacted by mass e-mails. These entice the consumer with supposedly profitable investments.
In the short term, the investor is provided with his own online broker, who instructs him on how to set up a trading account and make the first payments. The investor first feels well advised and trading usually starts with smaller sums. But shortly afterwards, higher investments are demanded – often into foreign accounts.
These deposits are intended to increase the potential profits. Problems with dubious online trading platforms ultimately arise as soon as the investor requests a distribution of profits. This is repeatedly delayed or linked to additional payments such as alleged taxes and brokerage commissions.
In the past, the rip-off artists acted solely from unclear locations. Nowadays, they operate from a variety of locations such as the United Kingdom (including London), the Netherlands, Canada, Spain, Dubai and many others. For the majority of people, it is costly to detect tricky methods.
Companies often receive e-mail orders with large order volumes that are disproportionate to the usual purchase amounts. In order to lure the German company, they proceed with huge promises of profits.
However, the extreme order volume serves solely as a means of pressure in the communication with the provider in order to demand correspondingly excessive admission and registration costs.
It is not always clear whether the recipient of this payment is also the client of the goods. Nevertheless, it can be assumed that companies operating abroad will not have to pay regional taxes on deliveries to other countries in the near future. Check whether this also applies to investments with TetherNova.
Ponzi scheme: How it works
A pyramid scheme, or Ponzi scheme, is a type of fraud. In it, assets are pooled from new investors and then used to distribute money to the former victims. The masterminds of Ponzi schemes often assure you that they will invest your money and make substantial profits without risking your assets.
However, in many Ponzi schemes, the rip-off artists do not actually invest the money they receive. Rather, it is used to pay off people who paid in earlier. This allows the perpetrators to keep some of the funds for themselves. So with all investments – including TetherNova – pay attention to the risk-reward ratio.
Ponzi schemes need a steady inflow of new assets to keep running, as they have low or no real profits. Many of these schemes fail when it becomes difficult to attract new investors or when a significant number of investors drop out.
Assuming you want to invest with a company like TetherNova, you should act with caution, without exception. Among the clues you should watch out for are:
- The distribution of profits does not work? If you do not receive any payments or find it difficult to get distributed, you should be careful. The operators of pyramid schemes may try to encourage participants to stay by promising even greater returns if they do not withdraw any money.
- Risk-free returns with little or no volatility. Every investment carries a certain amount of risk, and the riskier an investment is, the more likely it is to yield a high return.
- Is there a problem with the documentation? If there are errors on your account statement, it may be a signal that your assets are not being invested according to plan.
- Strategies that are difficult to identify. Keep your money out of the stock market if you don’t know enough about it.
- Selling without a licence: Investment professionals and firms must be licensed or registered under federal and state securities regulations. The vast majority of Ponzi schemes involve unlicensed individuals or providers.
- Overly predictable outcomes. Over time, investments tend to rise and fall. Any value investment that delivers consistently positive returns independent of market conditions should be evaluated with a high degree of suspicion.
- Investments that are not registered with financial regulators. In most cases, Ponzi schemes are unregistered investments that are not supervised by state authorities such as Bafin.
Cybertrading – what the risk is
The usual investment fraud is carried out using well-known methods such as advertising, telephone canvassing or stock market letters. When it comes to conducting fraud, the old-fashioned method is quickly becoming obsolete in the digital age. The current type of investment fraud can be described with the term “cybertrading”.
Financial products are traded fraudulently via the World Wide Web. Fraudulent investments include financial products such as contracts for difference and cryptocurrencies. Even TetherNova’s services have been used by other providers in a comparable way to trap investors.
Investors are inquiring more and more about investment opportunities themselves on the internet. In this way, people rely on their individual know-how or on the information of others in blogs, forums and other online platforms to make their decisions.
The switch to ever different financial instruments has no lasting impact on the illegal activities in terms of gang structure. Since the mafia groups rely on already existing and widely recognised infrastructures, there is no need to switch to a new “business model”.
No matter what kind of financial instrument is traded, the process of cybertrading is almost identical. These financial products are advertised penetratingly in social media or with paid advertisements. In principle, it is all about the presentation of gigantically high monetary profits.
Determine the probability of achieving high profits with TetherNova before investing capital.
Exit alternatives – which are difficult to determine
Check at what time and how much money is paid out. At best, bypass long-term contracts that cannot be terminated prematurely or where you would suffer heavy economic losses.
Conclude long-term contracts without the possibility of early termination solely with investment service providers such as TetherNova, whose seriousness you have no doubts about. Even if you have the option to waive a contract at any time or to terminate it over an appropriate period of time, you should be critical.
Even if these options do exist, you still remain vulnerable to financial loss. Make sure you know in detail how much money you will get back if the investment goes wrong. The following rule applies to transactions in securities:
Before the end of the term, find out what options are open to you to get rid of a security.
It is often crucial to find out whether there is a liquid market for offers such as those made by TetherNova. It is possible to sell share certificates through a broker or a financial institution. All three options are permitted for placing a sell order.
The actual selling process is then completed via a securities exchange (e.g. Berlin, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Tradegate or Xetra) (e.g. for penny stocks). With order supplements, the execution of the order can be guided in advance. The sale of the securities takes place at a date and place determined by you.
You want to get your money back from TetherNova? Our law firm can help
If you have already made investments with TetherNova and would like to reclaim your money, there are several ways to proceed.
- It is not uncommon that a solution to the problem can be set directly with the service provider. We are always able to reach out-of-court settlements with the providers. Our clients then get their complete transfer sum or part of it back.
- If transactions have been carried out abroad, the foreign financial supervisory authorities and banking institutions should also be notified. As a rule, they will then initiate their own investigations. This also has the aim of securing funds in the accounts and subsequently transferring them back to our clients.
- If there is a suspicion that the bank accounts into which our clients have paid are part of a money laundering scheme, these accounts can be blocked. Deposits into these bank accounts can then be reclaimed from the receiving bank.
- If an evaluation by our lawyers shows that the service provider may have acted fraudulently, we file criminal charges on behalf of our clients with the responsible criminal authorities. Our law firm is in constant dialogue with public prosecutors’ offices, which manage investigation proceedings throughout Germany. As a rule, there are many hundreds or even thousands of victims in these proceedings. The investigations repeatedly extend to states outside Germany’s borders. In the past, there have repeatedly been decisive investigative successes by the public prosecutor’s offices.
- If it is not possible to resolve the problem with the service provider, a complaint can be filed with the responsible supervisory authority. The latter examines the facts and may order the investment service provider to pay a refund. Our client then receives this amount back from the provider. Addressees for complaints can be, for example, financial supervisory authorities or the Financial Ombudsman.