Ulfin Investment – the company describes itself on the company website https://ulfininvestment.com/ as an investment manager. Ulfin Investment offers its clients various services in the areas of online trading.
According to a warning issued by the Luxembourg CSSF in April 2022, the authority does not have a valid authorisation for this service provider.
You encounter problems with the distribution of your investment? Our lawyers can help you with claims against Ulfin Investment.
Ulfin Investment – Broker Overview
Currently, there is an enormous number of investment service providers such as Ulfin Investment. This means that investing in the volatile financial markets has never been as easy but also as risky as it is now. Especially because there are many options, choosing a broker can be time-consuming and daunting. Especially if you want it to meet your particular investment needs.
Have you already invested with Ulfin Investment? Then the following aspects are relevant for you as an investor.
- An ideal place for investors to start learning about stocks, futures, binary options and cryptocurrencies is a website like this one.
- Access to cross-border financial markets is made easier and more affordable for investors through online investing.
- Licensed brokers on the internet, secure providers, fees and brokerage charges, offering options and ratings are just a few of the criteria you need to plan for when making your final decision.
The following statements are general tips for investors – regardless of the platform in which you invest capital.
Checklist Ulfin Investment: Check online trading providers in advance
The following list serves as a safeguard against providers with dubious intentions.
- Do not accept unsolicited investment recommendations from strangers via solicitation calls or emails.
- Is a provider like Ulfin Investment listed in the company database of the relevant EU supervisory authority?
- In which city is the official registered office of the provider?
- Find out as much as possible about the trading company and the goods you want to buy (search engines on the internet, blog entries, online card services).
- Ask yourself: What is the name of the contact person I should get in touch with?
- Do not use any remote maintenance software that gains access to your end devices.
- Don’t let yourself be blinded by stories about enormously high monetary gains without the risk of losing money.
- Is there a complete imprint on the website?
Offer only for a short time – also with Ulfin Investment?
Do you feel the pressure of a tight deadline? Is the provider tempting you with a special offer, but you are under pressure to make a decision quickly? This is not the best idea, because it is often a feint. Don’t rush into a decision You can not only get serious special offers now, but also invest with Ulfin Investment in the future. To achieve their goal, criminals know in detail what they have to do.
They try to get as much information as possible about their target person through well-worded requests. In addition, they ask about the constitution of the interlocutor, for example whether he is alone at home or whether he has money at home. On top of that, they play a game of “wait and see” to make the person desperate.
They may keep their counterpart on the phone until he or she agrees to go to the bank and give the fraudsters cash and other valuables. In one of these scams, a time pressure is imposed on the injured party. With that strategy, the victim is tricked into letting his personal guard down. Current support scams use the same method.
Since the contacted person’s computer is allegedly attacked by an exceptionally serious computer virus, the callers, presumably working at the behest of Microsoft or such a provider as Ulfin Investment, demand urgent payment for a maintenance contract in English with an Indian accent. The criminals increase the pressure by threatening the targeted individuals to make them pay if their computer is infected and transmits the infections.
Placing orders for transactions in securities without the account holder’s consent can sometimes cause the price of particular shares to jump. This applies in particular to open market transactions in illiquid foreign shares (over-the-counter market). You should therefore be alert if you are asked to disclose personal data about your investment with Ulfin Investment completely without your consent, with reference to supposedly lucrative transactions or profit announcements.
Under no circumstances should you provide your International Bank Account Number, SWIFT code and other bank codes to a third party who is not known to you. Similarly, you should not disclose your bank account or custody account numbers or passwords. Do not hand over any custody account documents or securities statements from Ulfin Investment to a third party who is unknown to you. Callers who present themselves as investment advisors, brokers or employees of a financial supervisory authority are also unpredictable.
Recognising investment fraud in principle
You want to invest capital with Ulfin Investment? In this case, you should find out all the significant facts about the company. Investment fraud is a special form of fraud. The perpetrator promises or deceives a larger circle of people about a profitable investment in the capital market. Capital investment fraud is sanctioned by a prison sentence of up to three years or a fine according to § 264a StGB.
Subsequent services and tactics may sometimes come into question as capital investment fraud:
- Unwanted telephone advertising calls, so-called cold calling
- Participations in share certificates, funds and certificates
- Boiler room scam, a cold call in which investors are sought by telephone
- Shareholdings in companies
Anyone who has fallen for capital investment fraudsters has usually invested a lot of financial resources. What can you do in case of investment fraud?
- Withdrawing or contesting contracts: Affected persons who have concluded a contract can take it back or contest it in the case of investment fraud.
- Claiming damages: People who have been wrongly advised can claim damages against the investment advisor.
- Involve the criminal police and the financial supervisory authority via a legal expert: There are collective police proceedings against specific fraudulent companies in Germany and also abroad. The criminal investigation department is entitled to have the accounts of the rip-off artists blocked and the assets seized. In addition, the public prosecutor’s office is called in.
- Recovering money from Ulfin Investment: If payments have been made via credit card, this can in many cases be recovered by instructing a law firm. In the case of transfers from the current account, this can usually be recovered by bank order.
Recovery scam explained simply: correctly assess providers for recovering lost investments
Anyone who has ever lost assets to a fraudulent investment platform knows how fatal that can be. That alone is bad enough. But on top of that, the rip-off artists behind the bogus entity contact you by email or phone call within a very short time. This time, however, they do not pretend to be brokers from Ulfin Investment.
Instead, they guarantee, for a fee, to provide assistance in recovering the lost capital. Many scammers even appear to have been hired or entrusted by trusted companies such as a financial regulator. After stealing your sensitive data, the rip-off artists usually pose as good Samaritans. They promise to help you recover the stolen money.
Even if you have invested money with a service provider like Ulfin Investment, your data may be stolen. Those who have lost a considerable amount of money are usually desperate. Criminals take advantage of people’s desperation by posing as “recovery companies”. They offer their services under the bogus pretext of assisting them to recover their funds. This means they securitise in a dubious manner that they will get back the money they have lost.
Reimbursement from Ulfin Investment – Involve a law firm
You have invested with Ulfin Investment, or a similar service provider? Now you notice problems with the repayment? Then it is advisable to stop additional payments immediately. This is especially true if the provider demands additional payments to compensate for losses. In addition, you should make an attempt to recover the lost capital.
In this context, affected investors can seek investor protection and contact the lawyers of our law firm. Our law firm examines both civil and criminal law options and possible claims for damages against the service provider and against involved payment service providers such as banks.
“One can by no means speak of an isolated case if a private investor loses his capital in online trading. Numerous investors are blinded by the professional appearance of the companies and only realise too late that they are not responsible for their losses.”
Our recommendation is therefore not to bury one’s head in the sand, but to act swiftly and actively. Because the chance of recovering the lost capital is usually greater than the aggrieved investors think. Would you like to talk to one of our lawyers about Ulfin Investment? Then click here to go directly to our contact area.